This**NEW** Patagonia Mesh Master Fishing Vest, Size XL was given to me as a gift several years when I was “thinking” about taking up Fly Fishing. At that point in time, I weighed 228lbs. Recently after my retirement, I finally decided to begin fly fishing. I now weigh 185lbs. The good news is that I was able to take off more than 43lbs…. the bad news is that my brand new Patagonia SST+ Waders and Mesh Master Vest do not fit me. Both products were, and still are, some of the best made fly fishing products on the market. It still has the original tags on it. This Vest retailed in 2006 for $129.00. I am asking $75.00 + Shipping Costs (Approximately $7.50)
This cool-wearing, quick-drying, full-capacity, very comfortable vest is cut short and clean for deep wading and provides unimpeded mobility for stripping line, rowing a boat or float-tubing. Its mesh fabric won't absorb moisture that can saturate chill or “freeze” the angler. It may be the ultimate vest for trout fishing during hot weather. The light-but-tough 100% polyester mesh body won't sag out in heavy weather and breathes easily in the heat. The now classic vertical pocket arrangement and pocket size selection enable the angler to carry a variety of common sized boxes and be able to access them easily. In short the "Mesh Master" has no annoying features.
The vest is made from form fitting Capilene® Silkweight Mesh and features a Silkweight padded collar. The Vest has 14/19 pockets + holders and contains; Hypalon® accessory holders, a hidden rod holder, accessory D-rings, loops for glasses, tool pockets, reach-across zippered pockets behind fly box pockets, multiple interior zip tippet spool pockets and car key keeper. The now-classic vertical pocket system provides easy, secure access to everything from big fly boxes to your fish camera. A large, double-zip back storage pocket is set high to keep jacket and lunch out of the water when you're going deep. The foam fly drier patch retains barbless hooks. A large back pocket carries shell and insulation and a piggyback pocket carries even more. There is also an EVA foam collar to distribute weight and soothe neck and shoulders. In a horizontal BC coast deluge or the heat of a high-desert afternoon hopper hatch, our The Mesh Master Vest helps keep you comfortable and fishing efficiently.
• Cut short for; Unique padded collar insert distributes weight off the neck; Adjustable front closure
• Vertical pocket configuration accommodates larger fly boxes
• Front pockets have reach-across, zippered access; separate piggyback tool pocket; drain holes; tabs on flaps and elastic at pocket corners to allow fumble-free, one-handed access even while wearing gloves
• Two large zippered pockets on back; Inverted hemostat pocket stays out of way of fly line
• Glasses loops on either side of chest
• Mesh Body: 4.6-oz. 100% polyester mesh; Pockets: 4.1-oz. 50-denier nylon ripstop with waterproof/breathable barrier, ventilation in hot weather and will not hold water in wet and cold conditions
• Hypalon® accessory holders; sunglass loop; front D- rings allow the wearer quick organization and access to tools and accessories
• Mesh body: 4.6-oz 100% polyester mesh. Pockets: 100% nylon with a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish
• Weight 428 g (15.1 oz.)
• Color - Alpha Green